There was no Jackpot winner for the powerball drawing on last Saturday and the winning jackpot went up to $672 million in this Wed.(09/20/2023).
After no ticket matched all six numbers drawn Monday night (09/18/2023) – the white balls 2,21,26,40,42 plus the powerball is 9– an estimated prize of $672 million($320.5 million cash) is on tap for Wed, Sep 20th.
The Powerball® jackpot has eluded players again and has jumped to an estimated $638 million for the drawing on Monday, Sept 18. The jackpot has a cash value of $304.2 million.
The Powerball jackpot was previously hit in the July 19 drawing when a ticket in California won a prize worth $1.08 billion, the third-largest Powerball jackpot ever won. Since then, there have been 24 consecutive Powerball drawings without a jackpot winner.
The current jackpot run has produced nearly 16 million winning tickets across the country, including 25 tickets that have won $1 million prizes and eight tickets that have won $2 million prizes.
If a player wins the jackpot on Saturday night, they will have the choice between an annuitized prize worth an estimated $596 million or a lump sum payment estimated at $288.2 million. Both prize options are before taxes. If the winner selects the annuity option, they will receive one immediate payment followed by 29 annual payments that increase by 5% each year.
Powerball tickets are $2 per play. Tickets are sold in 45 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. More than half of all proceeds from the sale of a Powerball ticket remain in the jurisdiction where the ticket was sold. Powerball drawings are broadcast live every Monday, Wednesday and Saturday at 10:59 p.m. EST from the Florida Lottery draw studio in Tallahassee. Powerball drawings are also live
streamed on Powerball.com.
The overall odds of winning a prize are 1 in 24.9. The odds of winning the jackpot are 1 in 292.2 million.
What is the largest Powerball jackpot ever?
Here are the five largest Powerball jackpots ever won:
- $2.04 billion from one winning ticket in California in November 2022
- $1.586 billion from three winning tickets in California, Florida and Tennessee in January 2016
- $1.08 billion from one winning ticket in California in July 2023
- $768.4 million from one winning ticket in Wisconsin in March 2019
- $758.7 million from one winning ticket in Massachusetts in August 2017
2023 Powerball Jackpots
- Feb. 6, 2023 – $754.6 million – Washington
- March 4, 2023 – $162.6 million – Virginia
- April 19, 2023 – $252.6 million – Ohio
- July 19, 2023 – $1.08 billion – California